Ok, so warning, this (re)post is a little hotter and a bit more profane than my regular posts. This topic gets me really fired up.
I can’t speak for Apple, but if it were my company being ripped off, and I had the legal muscle and funds of Apple, I would lay waste to one of these companies. Make an example. Bankrupt them. Put them out of business. Send a message to all the other pirates (that’s what they are in this case) that I’m coming for all of them next. Go Kaiser Sozé all over these people.
Apple needs to push back, hard. All of these tech companies (mostly Windows PC & Android tablet makers) publicly bash Apple in every way possible, then have the nerve to turn around and release a product that looks identical to Apple’s very product they were just telling everyone was inferior.
I don’t know how these company product managers & designers sleep at night.
Quite uncomfortably, I hope.
I wonder how their product designers feel when the CEO sends down an order to blatantly copy and Apple product design. No, no, lowly designer, you’re clearly not making products people want, and we can’t fire you since someone has to make this stuff, so just copy Apple’s products close enough that we can’t be sued yet can confuse people into buying ours instead.
And, The Worst Part™, comes when a company like HP, rips off Apple’s Macbook Pro industrial design, then makes a video of the two main product designers for it and verbally jerk off all over your ears and face! These two assholes have the goddamned audacity, to sit and talk about this thing like they toiled so hard, honing this product design to utter perfection. Horseshit.
NO. You’re a damned THIEF. You STOLE IT, then LIED ABOUT IT, making YOU a TOTAL ASSHOLE.
Personally, I can’t wait for the day when Apple turns around and utterly destroys these companies for so arrogantly stealing their designs their waving them around in Apple’s face. That day can’t come soon enough.
How explicitly can companies rip off Apple’s designs?
That was at the heart of a test posed to Samsung attorney Kathleen Sullivan during an October courtroom hearing with Apple, when a U.S. judge held up two devices, an iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab, and asked Sullivan, Perry Mason-style, if she could tell them apart.
“Not at this distance your honor,” said Sullivan, who stood just 10 feet away, according to Reuters.
More and more, Apple’s competitors are mimicking the company’s designs on everything from tablets to laptops to software. There’s short-term benefit here for consumers looking for inexpensive Apple alternatives this holiday season. But more significantly, it demonstrates how much Steve Jobs’s legacy has impacted device makers—and how lost they’d likely be without Jobs’s vision. As competing devices start to look more like clear Apple knockoffs, the question becomes: How far can these companies push pirating their product designs before Apple pushes back?
70 Notes/ Hide
- skateghost reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- recruiterlarry reblogged this from fastcompany
- chrdeleo likes this
- selena12gomez likes this
- diana2345d likes this
- johnnysstyle reblogged this from fastcompany
- tillthen reblogged this from fastcompany
- bassomatic reblogged this from fastcompany
- kuwaitigenius reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- jamieeichler likes this
- yasboogie likes this
- futurist-foresight likes this
- macarenomarco likes this
- david likes this
- independentassortment likes this
- jcud reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- mustbetoomuch likes this
- extracrispy reblogged this from fastcompany
- diklein likes this
- stranger-thingshavehappened reblogged this from fastcompany
- i-will-draw-you likes this
- webxanadu reblogged this from fastcompany
- alexcheng reblogged this from fastcompany
- l2cybercat likes this
- w8forthedrop reblogged this from fastcompany
- huntingred reblogged this from fastcompany
- yahoosandtriangles likes this
- rossfarley likes this
- couleurcouture likes this
- jlynnjohnston likes this
- popmedia reblogged this from fastcompany
- fernthetravelcraze reblogged this from fastcompany
- hotdamnitsbam likes this
- hegemonicpennydreadful reblogged this from fastcompany
- krablak likes this
- aliukani likes this
- digithoughts likes this
- This was featured in #Tech
- rohit2012 likes this
- shataku reblogged this from fastcompany
- thisgoing-tochange likes this
- robrivas reblogged this from dannyscut
- feelitornot reblogged this from fastcompany
- joqueneth reblogged this from semantic-sugar
- joqueneth likes this
- marketingmanagerwho likes this
- chenhealy likes this
- moearora likes this
- dannyscut reblogged this from fastcompany and added: